Domestic Violence, defined as, any violence that may constitute felony or misdemeanor crime of violence committed:
- by a current or former spouse or intimate partner of the Complainant,
- by a person with whom the Complainant shares a child in common,
- by a person who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the Complainant as a spouse or intimate partner,
- by a person similarly situated to a spouse of the Complainant under the domestic or family violence laws of North Carolina, or
- by any other person against an adult or youth Complainant who is protected from that person’s acts under the domestic or family violence laws of North Carolina.